Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Art Opening! permaDIRTY

While in NY earlier this year, my adorable artist mom, Mary Beierle, grabbed some of my work and introduced me to fantastic artist and curator, Cynde Miller.  Cynde and her business partner Jena McRoberts have captured the feeling of a studio visit to an artist's space in their new venture in the Claremont Packing House.  The current exhibit, called This is the Dirt at the permaDirty artspace, is explained perfectly on their FB page

Perma Dirty Project Space takes a radically different approach to viewing, exhibiting and making art. Unlike the “white cube” of most galleries, Perma Dirty Project Space is a living, raucous space full of art production, discussion and informal and comfortable viewing of art processes and products.

It was such a great night for artists of all types and I'm so thrilled to be part of the exhibit.  Inside the exhibit space was a tattoo artist working on his daughter, a fiber artist working on her sculpture, a painter mid-stroke and a sculptor working on a new chiseled piece.  The energy was high and the art was eclectic.  This space is open to the public and they plan on having more open artist nights, so check their facebook for current information.  Seriously, a great night.  

Mary Beierle, Cynde Miller, Me, Emily Beierle-O'Brien
my work!  and my mom...
My mom's fantastic wall piece - you need to see it in person - much better than my snapshot.
Such a great night!  Thanks to everyone that came !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I love reading them!