Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

New Year/ New York/ New Sunset

My cousin believes that the way you spend New Year's Day is a representation of how you will spend your year.  In some ways it makes sense as you are setting a precedence when you choose how to spend your first day of the year.  So, knowing that I want 2012 to be a year of beauty and excitement, my friend Sarah and I spent the day eating wonderful food, walking until we had to sit, and seeking out beautiful spaces and inspiring settings.  For me, Central Park is one of those places.  I feel instantly calm even amongst the masses.  And while I have never enjoyed winter in the past (I'm from LA, so you have to give me a break….), this year I'm loving the eerie shapes the naked trees form, the crispness in the air, and the opportunity to enjoy a slight bit of hibernation.  Here's to a beautiful new year…and a wintery first sun set to accompany...

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments. I love reading them!