Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Art I Love

My friends Sasha and Mason are definitely the artsiest married friends I have…Sasha is a fabulous painter and Mason is a sculptor and teacher at the Grand Central Academy of Art in New York.  Every time I'm in New York I make a trip out to their home in Jersey for a great dinner (they are insane cooks), wine, and to check out and be inspired by their latest works.  My last trip to NY left me with a full belly of Pho, a new favorite cabernet, and an incredible painting!  Check out some of Sasha and Mason's work below.  If you want to see more of their work, check out their websites:
Sasha's Site
Mason's School's Blog

Sasha's work often focuses on human form and emotion - it was so exciting to see some of her architectural work as well…although, I guess I'm partial to her painting of women, because….
this is my new painting!  I am beyond excited to hang it in my new apt...
 this piece is inspired by an amazing detail in Italy - I love the colors...
 form and function - Mason teaches ecorche at Grand Central Academy
I love this new piece Mason just finished…her face is so peaceful and graceful

Does their apartment seem familiar?  That's because I photographed it the last time I was in NY - check out their space here...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I love reading them!