Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

New York City: Art & Style

So, here I am in NYC and where do I go for fun?  Furniture shopping!  I stopped by ABC Carpet and Home this weekend and went downstairs to the Conran Shop for some eye candy.  I loved everything I saw and couldn't help but share a few of my favorites!  I am definitely going to have to get the lamp - it's so kitsch that it's fabulous…the perched little birds are fun and cheerful:
On Friday I had been at the Whitney and saw Edward Kienholz’s 1964-65 assemblage “The Wait" in the "Singular Visions" exhibit.  It's a haunting collection and portrayal of a decaying woman with her lively parakeet singing about in it's cage.  Seeing the very kitsch lamp on Saturday at ABC definitely reminded me of this little parakeet (Peetie) and I laughed out loud at the sight of the lamp shade.  I will say that both are worth a second look.  If you are in NY, definitely stop by the "Singular Vision" exhibit & the Dennis Hopper exhibit is on display now as well - get over to the Whitney.
The exhibit is definitely worth checking out:
Check out the Conran Shop: Click here
Want to read about the Whitney Exhibit? Click here

1 comment:

  1. So Cute! I love your blog! I'll have to keep following up it's so interesting

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love reading them!