Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Beach day in January

Just one more reason to fall for LA.  It's January and I spent the afternoon on the rooftop of High relaxing and watching a sunset.  This isn't about bragging rights so much as it is pure amazement.  After living in Chicago, I forgot that parts of the world have such beautiful climates year round and it clears up the irritation I have over housing prices in this city.  Because, let's face it, it's so great not to be shoveling snow right now.  However, if you are shoveling snow, just know that a small part of every southern Californian is jealous that you got a white Christmas…like everything, it's a give and take.  
Today was a pure gift...

 So beautiful watching the sunset with a group of strangers in awe
By far the coolest outdoor heater I have ever seen
Want to check this place out?  High is at the Erwin Hotel in Venice Beach.  It's got a great view and fabulous sliders, but make sure to call ahead to reserve one of their few tables.  It's definitely worth the $15 price tag on the martinis.

1 comment:

  1. I've been telling everyone I know about this amazing spot!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love reading them!