Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Fake it 'til you Make it

People constantly ask me what I do on photo shoots to make houses look the way they do in magazines. I think they often assume I'll give them a quick answer about how I cut some flowers and adjust my camera. In a few homes that is the extent of my labor, but in most cases it is a highly intense, furniture moving, prop styling, faking light with equipment process.

In the case of the house below, it is even more. There is no furniture in the top unit of this 3 story condo and the owners would like to photograph it two days from today, "furnished" and prop styled. So, today I spent the day finding furniture to memo, gathering props, creating a list for the project manager of finishing touches, and using my camera to do test shots to figure out how to "fake" my shoot on Thursday.

Here are some before shots of what will be completely transformed this Thursday. Check in later this week for some finished shots of what today was simply an empty condo with a great view.


Want to learn more about this project? It's going to be one of the greenest and highest rated LEED certified homes in the country! Check it out:
http://www.victoriagardenmews.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I love reading them!